Sunday, November 8, 2009

BABY SHOWER CAKE



This order is from a client who wanted to have a baby shower for her daughter's son. It was to be small family affair but a special one, so I suggested to her of putting a gumpaste baby shoes as the cake topper. I had to explain to her that the gumpaste shoes are not to be eaten and it can be kept as a momento for an indefinite period of time. She was overjoyed of being able to keep her grandson's baby shower shoes and agreed to my suggestion. The cake is orange yogurt cake and filled with orange buttercream. I flavoured the fondant (which we make at the center) with some orange oil to give a hint of citrus flavour to it. I made the baby shoes with gumpaste and it took nearly three days for it to be completely dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment